- Hydro abrasive cutting is a non-volatile method of cutting through steel, concrete and refractory using water and abrasive material called garnet.
- Hydro cutting consists of combining ultra-high pressure with garnet to provide an exceptional cutting option.
- Hydro cutting is an option available when the a cut is required to be made in a hazardous atmosphere.
- The biggest advantage of hydro cutting is the inherent cold cutting quality. This allows materials to be cut that would be burnt, melted, or cracked by other cutting methods.
- Some thermal processes cause surface hardening, warping and emission of hazardous gasses. In contrast, materials cut with hydro cutting undergo no thermal stress, eliminating such undesirable results.
- The performance benefits of hydro cutting include low water volume, robotic technology, precision bevels, allows cutting in volatile atmospheres and no rework is required.
Radiant offer these services as per below specification:
- For straight cutting of any length, i.e. to cut tank-Vessel-Column shell
- Pipe cut from size 4’’ diameter to 26’’ diameter
- Radii cut up to 24’’ & circles up to 48’’
- Window cuts for man hole/nozzles in tank/Branching in pipes